Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fat Tuesday Recap

Lunch was Alligator Etouffee with French Bread from Bourbon n' Toulouse. The alligator was chewy and fishy. Next time I'll stick with my usual etouffee.


Dinner was Crawfish Boil from Bourbon n' Toulouse. My vegetarian friend was totally disgusted that I ate these "creek critters" like a caveman. I have no shame!





What a fun night! It was complete with a hurricane and a pitcher of brew. The pitcher of brew turned into a makeshift game of flip-cup in a crowded bar. I was amazed at how many people came out on a Tuesday night. Don't you people have jobs? The street and bars/restaurants were packed! There was even a Mardi Gras band and dancers on the street.

On to business. I'm giving up Bourbon for Lent. Goodbye Jim, see you in 40 days.

2 comments:

  1. food looks fantastic.

    Wow! giving up Bourbon? Tough one. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, giving up Bourbon. I'm looking forward to remembering things and not mysteriously breaking bones!

    ReplyDelete