I make the powdered kind. Being raised on the liquid kind, I was a little skeptical of the powdered kind, but it works just as well. One batch lasts for about 1-2 months and we do about 5 loads of laundry per week. I use 2 tablespoons per full load.
Homemade Laundry Detergent
1 cup Borax*
1 cup Washing Soda**
1 bar of Dove Sensitive Skin Soap (or any bar soap of your choice)
In a large container (I use a large tupperware container), add the Borax and Washing Soda. Using a cheese grater, grate soap into the container. Close the lid and shake well.
*You can find Borax at Target, Walmart, and most grocery stores in the laundry or cleaning aisle. Borax can also be used for all kinds of cleaning, such as toilets and showers. I personally think it's great from experience!
**You can find Washing Soda at Ace Hardware.
Here's the rough price breakdown:
1 box of Borax: $4
1 box of Washing Soda: $5
1 Bar Soap: $1
Total: $10
Price Per Batch: $1.66

No comments:
Post a Comment