Thursday, May 23, 2013

Quinoa Pizza Bites

Soon after getting married I was excited to host a "game night" at our house just so I could use my new dishes and gadgets. I wanted to make some healthy appetizers instead of the normal chips and dip. I love (with a strong passion) quinoa. It tastes amazing and it's gluten-free so I don't feel super bloated after eating it. These Quinoa Pizza Bites are great for any crowd! You can create these depending on your liking by taking out any of the veggies and subbing for pepperoni or ground beef. If I made it again, I would want to try using a meat :)


1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons minced garlic or garlic powder
2 tablespoons dried basil
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Pizza sauce for dipping (I use Muir Glen Organic found at Target)

In a sauce pan, place the quinoa and two cups of water and cover. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients (with the exception of the pizza sauce).

Grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil and fill each cup to the top with the quinoa mixture. I used a cookie scoop to scoop out the portions then pressed down to compact.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm with the pizza sauce.

1 comment: