In Lexington, we've been graced with the presence of one of the best Cajun restaurants I've been to...and I've been to New Orleans several times. Let me introduce you to Bourbon n' Toulouse. The Southwest Crawfish Etouffee is to die for. It is a traditional etouffée, finished with cheddar cheese, chili powder, cumin & crawfish tail meat.
On top of the etouffee, they have a menu full of other incredibly flavored items. They even have several gluten-free and vegetarian options. The best part is that all dishes range from $4.50-$7.50.
I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. For now, in the spirit of all things Cajun, I leave you with some pictures of my time on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
This is me acting like I'm 10 again, playing with my food...

Parental discretion advised. Mardi Gras parade.

Just posting up beside the Bourbon Street sign.
My first thought was that those people in the costumes didnt look like you :)
ReplyDeleteThe the outfits that I have hiding in my closet may surprise you....j/k...I think those are either 75 year old women or the male equivalent.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete