Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bourbon

A conversation with my good friend Ryan (check out his blog, a Gentleman's Journal) prompted me to write this post. Since living in Kentucky, I've grown to like, ok love, Bourbon. Yes, it should always be capitalized. It's a proper noun.

Mom and me at the Woodford Reserve Distillery


While those native Kentuckians may shoot me down for watering down my Bourbon, I've come to find a way that it goes down smoothly in the form of a nice cocktail without adding any calories to an already low calorie whiskey.

Here's the calorie counts of whiskey, in general:
1 fl oz 86 proof = 69 calories
1 shot 86 proof = 105 calories
1 fl oz 94 proof = 76 calories
1 shot 94 proof = 115 calories

Bourbon Lime Cocktail:
Pour 1 shot (or more) Bourbon over ice, add water and lime juice. Voila!

Essentially a cocktail for 105-115 calories!



How do you like your Bourbon or whiskey?

2 comments:

  1. Ha, I actually bought my dad a bottle of the woodford reserve masters blend for his bday.

    I am a vodka man myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting him the good stuff all the way up there in Chicago! I'm too cheap to buy Woodford, so I stick with Ancient Age.

    ReplyDelete