Thursday, April 5, 2012

Honey Spice Chicken Thighs

Since moving into my new apartment, I have been cooking more and LOVING it! I think my boyfriend loves it too.
A few nights ago, I picked up some chicken thighs. Chicken thighs? Basically, I bought them because they were they were discounted to $2.34 for 1.68 lbs. Score. Way cheaper than breasts! (hmmm...)

Lucky for me, I had just read a recipe for chicken thighs. If you wanna get lucky, you'll go buy some thighs and start making this recipe right now....

Honey Spice Chicken Thighs

Here's a terrible phone picture of our meal.
 (Garlic herb potatoes, peas, and honey spice chicken thighs)
Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs (about 2 lbs)
1/6 cup honey
1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne or ground red pepper
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine everything except the chicken thighs and stir well.

Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet covered with foil. Brush the honey spice mixture over the surface of the chicken thighs, using about half of the total honey mixture.

Place the chicken thighs in the oven. Roast for around 20 minutes. Remove chicken thighs from the oven and use the remaining honey mixture to brush on a second coat. Roast for 10 more minutes

Cooks Notes:
*Don't brush any mixture on after the chicken is cooked. It will be contaminated with raw chicken!
*If you're like me and don't have any cider vinegar, you can use 1/4 tsp red wine vinegar & 1/4 tsp water.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment