Friday, April 29, 2011

Grilled Chicken Salad

This week I was craving salad, so on Monday I bought ingredients to make grilled chicken salad. Since there's only one of me and I'm cooking solo (insert sappy "sorry you're single" comment here). I've had grilled chicken salad 4 nights this week. Surprisingly, I'm not tired of it. I'm confident that everyone knows how to make a salad, but I've documented my salad making as if it were some piece of art, so humor me and just read on.

Elements of a good grilled chicken salad...

Lettuce. Not iceberg, since it has about as much nutritious value as a piece of cardboard. Choose greener blends. Here I've chosen a Romaine Blend and Arugula that just happened to be on Manager's Special at Kroger. I'm a cheapo, don't judge.



The good stuff. Chopped baby carrots, sliced mini cucumbers, chopped grape tomatoes, a boiled egg, a grilled chicken tenders.



The finished product minus dressing. I like to top it off with fat free cottage cheese instead of fatty shredded cheese.

2 comments: