Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blueberry Banana Bread

Overly ripe bananas are always making their way into my fruit basket. I have a hard time wasting food, so I always try to come up with some way to use the bananas. Sometimes I don't get to them before they are beginning to grow mold, but the times I do get to them, I try to make something delicious. This time I took my simple banana bread recipe and added some blueberries, reduced the sugar, and used whole wheat flour. I would suggest using the recommended amount of sugar.


Blueberry Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas
1 egg
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix the wet ingredients until blended. Add the dry ingredients and blend well. Lightly spray a bread pan (or other pan) with cooking spray and add mix.

Bake for 30-45 minutes. You should be able to stick a tooth pick into the center and it come out clean.


If you're like me, you'll want to add some butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment