It's always nice to get out of the city and for me, anywhere that remotely resembles the country warms my heart. The Homestead definitely has a "homey" feel, thanks to the homesteading skills of owner Megan Smith and her ability to make a 100-year-old post office into a quaint place for friends to gather over coffee and homemade fare.
While their menu changes daily, they are always serving fresh coffee, homemade biscuits, country ham, and delicious homemade baked goods. Sit on the porch and enjoy the beautiful scenery and passerbys or sit inside and enjoy bluegrass music and the aroma of fresh baked goodies. Either way, you won't leave without a smile and satisfied stomach, so go grab a cup of coffee, listen to some bluegrass music, and enjoy whatever they are cookin' up. Personally, I recommend the country ham biscuit (pictured above) and the homemade granola with fresh berries and yogurt (pictured below)! Yum!

Also, during my visit I was able to speak with Megan and her husband. I learned that their 8 year old son, Canaan, is the CEO of his own company. It's a really cool story and I couldn't do it justice, so check out The Marshmallows Company.
What a cool family with a great mission! Go check out The Homestead, you won't be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment